Would you like to change your language?
Guava Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Bundaberg Guava
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 kg chicken wings, chopped into drumettes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp all spice
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ red onion sliced thinly
In a small saucepan, combine the Bundaberg Guava and sugar. Bring to a boil then simmer on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add garlic, chilli, soy sauce, all spice and cornflour and stir though. Once it has thickened, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Place chicken drumettes into a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the guava marinade and add lemon juice. Coat well, cover with cling film and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Place the chicken wings in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes or until cooked through.