Would you like to change your language?
Guava Chicken Wings
- 1 cup Bundaberg Guava
- 1 cup finely granulated sugar
- 4.5 pounds chicken wings, chopped into drumettes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2 red chilis, chopped
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp all spice
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, washed and chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ red onion sliced thinly
In a small saucepan, combine the Bundaberg Guava and sugar. Bring to a boil then simmer on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
Add garlic, chili, soy sauce, all spice and corn starch and stir though. Once it has thickened, remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Place chicken drumettes into a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the guava marinade and add lemon juice. Coat well, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
Cook the chicken wings in a hot oven, BBQ or under the broiler for 10-12 minutes turning often and basting with remaining marinade. Once cooked, toss with the chopped cilantro, sesame seeds and sliced red onion.
Serve with thick cut french fries.