Would you like to change your language?
- 2 cups Bundaberg Sarsaparilla
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp treacle
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- dash of Tobasco to taste
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until reduced by half, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Check for seasoning and acidity. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before pouring into airtight jar and storing in the refrigerator.
Use as a basting sauce or directly as a dipping sauce.