Would you like to change your language?
BBQ Root Beer Sauce
- 2 cups Bundaberg Root Beer
- 2 cups tomato ketchup
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- ½ tsp ground cilantro
- dash of Tabasco sauce to taste
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer until reduced by half, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Check for seasoning and acidity. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before pouring into airtight jar and storing in the refrigerator.
Use as a basting sauce or directly as a dipping sauce.