Would you like to change your language?
Sweet Potato & Ginger Beer Casserole
- 4 large carrots (peeled and sliced thickly)
- 1 kg sweet potato (peeled and cut into thick wedges)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup dried apricots chopped
- ½ cup soft brown sugar
- ½ cup Bundaberg Ginger Beer
- ¼ cup sultanas
- ¼ cup cranberry juice
- juice of ½ lime
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Chopped mint and coriander for garnish
Preheat oven to 200 C. In a large baking tray, combine carrots, sweet potato oil, apricots, sugar, sultanas, cloves, cinnamon, cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, combine all the juices and pour over carrots and potato mixture.
Cover tray with foil and bake place in oven for 1 hour. Remove foil, stir and continue roasting uncovered for another 10-15 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced and vegetables start to caramelise.