Would you like to change your language?
Bundaberg Brewed Drinks Pty Ltd, ABN 40 009 781 953 of 147 Bargara Road, Bundaberg QLD 4670, Australia (“Bundaberg”) is firmly committed to protecting your privacy. We understand and appreciate that users of our website (at www.bundaberg.com), users of our other websites and our customers generally are concerned about their privacy and the confidentiality and security of any information that may be provided to us. We therefore aim to maintain a safe and secure system of handling your personal information and will ensure that your personal information is handled in strict compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and the Australian Privacy Principles.
The Australian Privacy Principles deal generally with our collection, use, storage and disclosure of, and your access to, information we may have recorded about you.
Collection of Personal Information
We will collect personally identifiable information from you when you knowingly provide it to us. For example, this may occur when you contact us via telephone, provide your contact details through our website, enter a competition/promotion/offer or otherwise make a request/enquiry. The types of personal information we may collect, includes, but is not limited to your full name, address, email address and phone number. We may also collect your information from other customers, such as your friends or family, if they request us to provide goods or services to you. We will store all personal information collected either at our offices or with a third party data storage provider.
When you visit the Bundaberg website, we (or agencies on our behalf) and our Internet Service Provider may monitor and make a record of your visit and log the following “clickstream data” for statistical purposes:
- your server’s IP address;
- your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
- the pages you accessed and any documents downloaded;
- the previous site you have visited and the site you move to;
- the type of browser and operating system you are using; and
- the date and time of your visit.
For example, this information may be used to find out how our website is used and navigated, including the number of hits, the frequency and duration of visits and most popular session times, so that we may evaluate and improve our website performance.
In terms of your personal information, we only collect information about individuals that is necessary for us to carry on our business functions. What information we collect depends upon the nature of our dealings with you. Importantly, in some circumstances if you do not provide the information that we request, you may not be able to engage with us. For example, if you refuse to provide some personal information as may be requested on the Bundaberg website, you may not be able to use all features or services of the website.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may also use your personal information for the following purposes:
- billing purposes;
- to enable us to develop our products and business, or to customise services to better meet your needs and preferences;
- statistical purposes;
- future promotional and marketing purposes;
- to inform you of special offers, promotions and competitions; and
- any other customer support purposes.
- For any of the above purposes we may contact you by electronic or other means.
Your personal information may be used by sub-contractors of Bundaberg for our business activities only, however your information will not be disclosed to any other third party without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
Personal information collected by Bundaberg in Australia will not be disclosed overseas, except to the extent necessary to ensure delivery of some goods being delivered directly to consumers being predominantly products sold through the ‘Bundaberg Barrel’ or through the personalised product area of the website.
As outlined above, Bundaberg may collect information from you when you use our website. Your use of the website will determine the personal information which we collect about you in each instance. As outlined above, some information we collect will not be personal information because it will not reveal your identity (i.e. clickstream data). As outlined above, the only personal information which Bundaberg will collect about you when you use our website is the information that you will tell us about yourself, for example through information you may provide to us when you send us an email. Bundaberg may also record your email address in the event that you send us an email.
Links to Other Websites
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out personal information online, for example, via message boards or chat, that information can be collected and used by people you do not know. While we strive to protect your personal information and privacy on our website, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk.
A cookie is a message given to a web browser by a web server. The browser stores the message in a text file called cookie.txt. The message is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies are placed on your computer for the duration of a session and are used for session management purposes and do not contain any personal details. Periodically they can safely be deleted with no effect on future sessions. However, if you wish to use an online payment facility, you will need to accept cookies. If you have configured your browser to reject all cookies, you will be able to view information-only pages on our site.
We will take all reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date;
- protect the information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure both physically and through computer security methods; and to
- destroy or permanently de-identify the information if it is no longer needed for any purpose.
All personally identifiable information will be handled and stored in accordance with Bundaberg’s obligations under the Australian Privacy Act.
Where you have joined the Brew Crew, we will keep you informed about services and goods we offer if we believe this information may be of interest to you or if it may help us develop and improve our products and our services to you.
However, we respect your wishes with regard to your privacy so if you do not wish to receive this information please contact us (see contact details below) and we will ensure that this information is no longer provided. If we are not advised in this regard, we will continue to use your personal information for this purpose.
Credit Card Holder Information
- Bundaberg uses a merchant bank facility to host payments by credit or debit card and accordingly Bundaberg should not receive cardholder information as this will be referred directly to the external merchant facility provider without reference to Bundaberg.
- In the unlikely event that we receive cardholder information from you, we will deal with this as follows;
- We use a particular software which encrypts information you input
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. We do however transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order process.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of cardholder information.
Access/correction of your Information and Complaints
If you would like access to any records of personal information we have about you or if you believe any information we have about you is inaccurate or out-of-date and would like to correct such information, please contact our Privacy Officer:
Phone: +61 7 4154 5400
Postal Details: 147 Bargara Road, Bundaberg, Queensland 4670
Furthermore, if you have concerns that there may have been a breach of your rights under Australian privacy laws, including the Australian Privacy Principles please also contact our Privacy Office on the details above. Bundaberg takes such matters seriously and we will use all reasonable efforts to promptly deal with the matter.